I know it's really cheesy but I just couldn't resist making this!
The design is stamped onto tissue paper. You then heat it with a heat gun to stick it to the candle.
To help me line up the text I centred the tissue paper over the cross on my glass cutting mat and stuck it down with masking tape. I could then see where I needed to stamp.
I stamped the boxes and text in black Archival ink, then I masked them off with Post-its to stamp the pattern. I did this in Versamark and heat embossed it with gold detail powder. The hearts were coloured in with a red ProMarker.
Then comes the fun part - sticking it onto the candle. Fellow DT member Naomi did one of these for the Christmas challenge and Barbara has also made them, so I read their blogs for instructions. If you'd like to read them, Naomi's can be found here and Barbara's here.
Naomi has a great tip at the end where she suggests starting small and putting several small images on a test candle to get a feel for it. I should have listened to this as I went straight on with my large piece of tissue and I didn't find it as easy as it looks. I got there in the end though.
Congratulations to the winner and Top 5 of the "New Beginnings" challenge. One of the entries was a beautiful candle by Lin Henson. She made a tag to match it which I thought was a lovely idea, especially if you are giving it as a gift.
I look forward to seeing what everyone creates for this challenge. Don't forget there's a £50 Claritystamp voucher for the winner.